Currently, more than 1,500 people in Ontario are waiting for an organ transplant, and every three days someone dies waiting for their life-saving gift. Though most of us believe that organ donation is a good thing, only a quarter of us are registered donors.
Everyone is a potential organ and tissue donor with the ability to save up to eight lives.
Hear how your life-saving gift could make a lasting impact beyond your lifetime at an upcoming panel discussion hosted in partnership with the Islamic Foundation of Toronto.
- Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018
- Time: 2 to 4 p.m.
- Location: Islamic Foundation of Toronto, Gymnasium
- Address: 441 Nugget Avenue, Scarborough ON, M1S 5E1
Imam Shaykh Yusuf Badat will be joined by:
- Dr. Chris Lazongas, Staff Intensivist at Scarborough and Rouge Hospital
- Theresa Vanier, Patient Care Coordinator for Scarborough and Rouge Hospital’s Chronic Kidney Disease clinic
- Mohan Bissoondial, President of the Scarborough Gift of Life Association and cornea transplant recipient
All are welcome to attend.
Join us and have all your questions answered as we discuss the current need for organ and tissue donation in Ontario and our local community.
Please contact Sajeda Khan by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 647-836-6264 for more information.