Scarborough Health Network Joins with Local Partners to Create a Scarborough Ontario Health Team
Scarborough Health Network is proud to announce that we have joined an exciting initiative in partnership with over 40 Scarborough health service providers.
We are committed to delivering the highest level of care and service to you, your families and your neighbours. In keeping with this goal, we are pleased to join our partners in Scarborough as we apply to be selected to create a Scarborough Ontario Health Team.
In February 2019, the Government of Ontario announced the creation of Ontario Health Teams (OHT). The purpose of OHTs is to build a connected health care system that improves the patient and caregiver experience. These changes will make it easier for you to navigate the system by having service providers work more closely together supported by technology.
OHTs are intended to deliver coordinated services that meet your individual health care needs. When fully functional, services will include; primary care, hospital care, rehabilitative care, home and community care, long-term care and mental health and addictions.
The proposed Scarborough OHT has over 40 partners.
Our vision is simple;
A patient population that is…
- Able to access care closer to home
- Connected to their care and health records digitally
- Able to access equitable and seamless support to wellness and healthcare
An effective partnership that…
- Shares accountability across the network
- Connects providers to ensure seamless care
- Treats patients as clients to the network, not to individual providers.
A system integration that…
- Connects with other OHTs for seamless transitions
- Provides consistency and continuity across the care continuum
- Drives constant quality improvement
- Recognizes the diversity of the community
- Delivers culturally competent care
- Promotes health equity and the elimination of disparities of health status and health outcomes, particularly among Indigenous, Francophone and racialized communities
- Provides on-demand and real-time access to digital solutions for patients and providers
- Designs wraparound services for patients
By working together with our partners and client/patient/caregiver representatives, we will achieve this vision and much more for our community. In its first year, the proposed Scarborough OHT plans to focus on three areas:
- Mental Health & Addiction
- Chronic Disease
- Age-Related Frailty
As we continue to build our Scarborough OHT the focus areas will expand to encompass other parts of our population.
This process will only succeed if we work together with our partners and our community. I encourage you to find out more information at www.ontario.ca/connectedcare. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to find out how you can stay up to date with the latest news about your Scarborough OHT.
President and CEO
Scarborough Health Network