The Stroke program at Scarborough Health Network (SHN) provides high quality, patient-centred care, treating and educating patients and their caregivers throughout the acute stroke phase of their illness. The stroke team is comprised of skilled health care professionals with specialized training and expertise in the management of stroke patients.
The care team meets daily to discuss the benefits of meeting their goals and address any challenges that may affect discharge planning.
We have onsite rehabilitation coordinators from our community partners to facilitate discharges within the recommended best practice guidelines to support timely access to rehabilitation services for our stroke patients.
What We Offer
The SHN Stroke program provides services to patients, including:
- Diagnostic Imaging (CT and MRI)
- Therapy Assessments (Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy)
- Consultations (Speech Language Pathologists, Registered Dietitians, Social Workers)
- Consultations (Neurology, Psychology, Cardiology)
- Urgent TIA assessments
- Secondary stroke prevention follow-up care
- EEG testing (for neurology patients)
Where to Find Us
Margaret Birch Wing, 4th Floo
416-284-8131 ext. 7474
Crockford Wing, 1st Floor
416-431-8200, ext. 3180